Sunday, February 9, 2014

43 - Gigaplex


Took the boys to see The Lego Movie today.  If you had told me that a movie based off a toy franchise could actually be that good, I would not have believed you.  But this movie was really good. I'm not kidding, and I can be pretty picky.  A very pleasant surprise.

Today's photo is from the theater.  The Palladium is an experience.  Calling it a movie theater doesn't quite cut it, as it also has:  several restaurants, a bar, a bowling alley, pool tables, an arcade, a gelato shop, a Starbucks, and probably a couple other things I can't remember right now.  It has all the latest movie technology too, including multiple 3D screens and motion control seats that move, shake, and vibrate with the movie (totally gimmicky, but fun to do once).  But hands-down my favorite thing about the Palladium is that it has reserved seating!  Buy your ticket online, choose your seat, then stroll in while the trailers are running and you still get a great seat.  That alone makes it our preferred movie venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment