Sunday, January 26, 2014

29 - What Would Ace Do?


In my last post I mentioned that I traveled to Dallas over the weekend.  The reason was to visit a dear friend and guitar collector in order to shoot several of his guitars for inclusion in my guitar series of photos I started late last year.  I got a lot of great shots, of which this is merely the first one I processed.  I'll be showing the best of them on my main blog as I finish processing them.  After I've completed the series, I intend to self-publish a photo book.  If you're interested in a copy, go to the main blog and get my contact information.

When my buddy pulled this guitar out of the case, I knew that it had to be in my series.  The cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul has a special place in my heart.  It's the very first guitar I lusted after.  The one that kindled a life-long passion for me.  I was a big fan of KISS back when I was 12 and Ace Frehley played a cherry sunburst Les Paul.  I wanted one in the worst way.  But of course, 12 year olds generally can't afford real Les Pauls.  Shoot, I'm middle aged and it's still a whole lot of money.  I shot this one in front of an old Marshall amp because that's what Ace played 'em through, and to my mind, that's the quintessential pairing with a Les Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment