Wednesday, January 1, 2014

4 - Green Meanie


Today's picture is a new addition to my guitar series of photos.  I bought my first guitar with money I'd saved up mowing lawns over the summer.  I remember that one my friends thought I was crazy to spend so much money on it.  But in the end, it's been a passion for over 30 years, so I would argue that it was a very good investment.  I gave that first guitar to an old bandmate who had all his gear stolen from his van.  Like me, the guy lived and breathed guitar and it broke my heart to see him without one.

Oh, and the guitar in this picture is a '96 PRS Custom 22.  The Custom 22 is incredibly versatile and is probably the most playable guitar I've owned.  It sounds amazing through a vintage-type English amp, like a Marshall or a Vox.  Paul Reed Smith knows how to build an exceptional instrument.  Green is my favorite color and I particularly like this one's shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment