Monday, March 3, 2014

65 - Goodnight, My Angel


Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)

Goodnight, my angel
Time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away

Goodnight, my angel

Now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark
And deep inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me

Goodnight, my angel

Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

Someday we'll all be gone

But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how you
And I will be 

- Billy Joel

Photogeek Talk: I really like the lighting on this one - the way it makes C's face glow from the bottom. This is hillbilly lighting at it's finest - no expensive strobes, just an LED flashlight that I held in one hand while taking the picture with the other. The trick was not to shine the light directly on the subject. I did that at first and it was very harsh and gave the whole thing a creepy voyeuristic vibe. So I shined the light on the bed sheets just out of the picture frame on the bottom. So C is getting the light bounced off the sheets, which makes lovely soft shadows and a pretty gradient on his face. A flashlight, especially bounced, means I was working with very low light levels so the photo is kind of noisy. But in black and white the noise adds character in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment